The South Dakota Hall of Fame provides inspiration for future generations. Anyone may nominate an individual, living or deceased, to be considered for induction into the South Dakota Hall of Fame. Self-nomination is not permitted, and those serving on the South Dakota Hall of Fame Board of Directors or its staff are not permitted to nominate individuals.
Nominations must be typewritten on plain paper, using 12 pt. font, no letterhead. Please type the questions on the nomination form followed by your response. Only nominee’s whose application meets the criteria requirements will be accepted. Please provide 16 copies of your nomination.
Nominees must have resided in South Dakota for a portion of their life. The nominee must have qualifications, attributes, and achievement in the selected category that are exemplary and distinguished.
The South Dakota Hall of Fame Board Members will review all nominations and select those individuals who meet the criteria to be inducted into the South Dakota Hall of Fame.
The South Dakota Hall of Fame prides itself on being as inclusive as possible to showcase South Dakota’s finest. To that end, we have selected five categories that would incorporate various fields of expertise. The following are general descriptions of each category:
1. Professional – Includes such occupations as business leaders, scientists, inventors, technology/computer science, medical fields, medical advancements, researchers, philanthropy, law, etc.
2. Arts and Entertainment – encompasses actors and actresses, film occupations, photography, artists, musicians, writers, sculptors, communications including radio and television.
3. Historical – Includes Native American Heritage, and all those who contributed to the fabric and culture of South Dakota.
4. Sports – Includes athletes, coaches and others in the field of athletics.
5. General – Includes agriculture, religion, education, political, military, etc.
Nomination forms can be obtained by:
1. Calling (605) 234-4216 or toll free (800)697-3130.
2. Writing to the South Dakota Hall of Fame 1480 South Main Chamberlain, SD 57325.
3. Online at www.sdhalloffame.com, and clicking on "Nomination Form".
Nomination deadline is February 1st of each year